Yes, files can be attached to Jobs, Invoices, Quotes, Purchase Orders and Bills. They can be attached from the Web Console or from a Mobile device. This knowledge base article will deal with attaching files from the Web Console.
The process of attaching files to a Job is essentially the same when attaching a file to Invoices, Quotes, Purchase Orders and Bills. The steps below demonstrate how to attach files to a Job.
Attaching Files to a Job - Web Console:
1) Click on the New Note button on the Notes tab while in a Job.
2) Enter the Note text as required. (We recommend entering a description of the attachment for easy identification, since the file name might not allow for enough information).
3) Click on the "Attach a File" button, select the file you wish to attach in the file explorer window that opens.
The attached file can be virtually any file type, i.e. Word Document, PDF, Excel Spreadsheet, Photo or Image (JPEG, GIF, TIF, PNG) etc. The attachment will require an appropriate app to view it on a Mobile device, therefore it is advisable to convert Word and Excel (or non-image files) into a PDF before uploading them. More than one file can be attached at a time and each file must not exceed 10MB in size. Please note that file uploads on a Mobile device are limited to 3MB.
The files attached will appear as a blue bar on the Note and can removed by clicking on the X to the right of each attachment, as illustrated below:
4) Finally click on the "OK" button to save the Note
A notification can optionally be sent to a User pertaining to the Note added if required. For more information on Sending Notes to a User click here.
5. then Save the Job. Please note that the Note and the attachments will only be saved to the Job once the Job is saved.
To attach files to an Invoice, Quote, Purchase Order or Bill, simply click on the "Add Note" button while you have an Invoice, Quote, Purchase Order or Bill. Below is an example of adding a Note to an Invoice:
Then click approve/save draft when you have finished with all your changes
For details on how to attach a file on the mobile device click here.