If you have just signed up for a free 14 day trial and you want to know what you need to do to get Tradify set up and working for you as soon as possible then you have come to the right place.
Tradify is very easy to use and if you have certain information at hand, you can be up and running on Tradify within a very short space of time.
There are only a few important steps to follow for you to get there.
Set Up Information Required
The following lists the information you will need to get your business set up on Tradify:
- Accounting Information
- Accounting System Admin login details - Username and Password
- Sales Account Code details for Tradify to post revenue generated from Labour invoiced out
- Sales Account Code details for Tradify to post revenue generated from Materials Invoiced out. (Note: This can be the same account as Sales from Labour mentioned above)
- Bank Account code details set up on your accounting system for Tradify to post Payments received from customers.
- Purchase Account Code details for Tradify to post job purchase Expenses.
- Company Information
- Company Physical Address
- Company Postal Address
- GST/ABN Number
- Contact Details to appear on documents
- Company Logo file with a .png or .jpg file extension (not larger than 680px wide x 120px High)
- Bank Payment Information to appear on Invoices (optional)
- Terms of Trade to appear on Invoices and or Quotes (optional)
- Staff Member/User details (Name, Email address, Hourly Pay Rate or Hourly Cost to Company, Phone/Mobile No.)
- Default Markup % to apply to material selling prices (optional)
Don't worry if you don't have all of this information readily available, it can be entered later down the line and not all of it is needed to trial Tradify.
Below you will find a link to download a Setup Template file where this information can be captured prior to commencing the set up of Tradify if needed.
Setting up Tradify
There are two ways to set up your company on Tradify:
If you use the Set Up Wizard, a lot of the work is done for you automatically. For example your company logo, contact details, payment methods, customers, suppliers and item codes are automatically copied from the Accounting System when you link Tradify to it using the Set Up Wizard. Having this data in Tradify will make the trialling process much easier. If you don't link your Accounting System at this stage, the set up is a little more manual.
For help on using the individual Setting menu options and the Tradify set up process click on each of the links provided below:
1 - Accounting System - Link Tradify with your Accounting System
- Click here if you are linking to Xero
- Click here if you are linking to MYOB Accountright Live
- Click here if you are linking to MYOB Essentials
2 - Change Password - The user that has logged on can change his/her password.
4 - Email Settings - Create Email Templates which can be selected at the point of emailing documents or information out of Tradify.
5 - Invoice, Quote & Purchase Settings - Configure Invoice, Quote and Purchase Order document Layouts including Logos, Contact Details, Bank Payment Details and Terms of Trade. Also provide configuration options for invoicing Time sheet entries, setting Document Numbers, Default Payment Terms and Payment Methods for receiving payments.
6 - Job Settings - Define your next Job number, Custom Field Labels, Job Statuses and Category selection options.
7 - Price Lists & Kits - Create Price List Items for quick entry of material costs used on Jobs. Price List Items can also be categorised and combined into Kit Sets to make Quoting easier and more flexible.
8 - Pricing Levels & Billing Rates - Create different pricing levels per customer type and labour charge out rates to be used on Jobs.
9 - Staff Members - Add, edit staff members/users and set permission levels and Hourly Rate cost to used when calculating profitability on Job related labour.
10 - Tax Settings - Set default GST Rates and default Tax Settings to be applied to new Customers, Suppliers and Price List Items.
11 - Timesheets & Scheduler Settings - Define how you record time entries and work day start and end time frame that is visible on the scheduler.
Once you have completed the initial set up using either the Set Up Wizard or manually configuring and setting up Tradify, there are a number of other aspects to consider to complete the set up of Tradify to suit your business needs. Click here for more information regarding these.