Email Templates allow you to set up predefined emails which you can use when sending emails from Tradify. Using Email Templates saves you from having to type out standard emails each time you need to send one.
You can create or copy and edit existing Email Templates and then modify them as required. The Email Template is selected at the point of emailing out of Tradify using the internal messaging system.
Click Settings > Email Settings to access this settings menu option.
Tradify comes with three standard Email Templates:
- Purchase Order
As the names suggest these are the Email Templates that are used when emailing an invoice, purchase order or quote out of the system.
Editing an Email Template
To edit an existing template, click on one of the Template Names. We will demonstrate editing the Invoice Template.
1 - Click on the Template Name, "Invoice" to Open the Invoice Email Template.
Email Template Field Defintions
- Template Name – is the display name of the template used in Tradify.
- Cc – if you wish to automatically send a Copy of the email sent out of Tradify, when using this template, to another email address, then enter a cc (Carbon Copy) email address in this field.
- Bcc – if you wish to automatically send a Blind Copy of the email sent out of Tradify, when using this template, to a another email address, then enter a Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) email address in this field.
- Subject – the subject line to use when sending emails using this template.
- Message – the message to use when sending emails using this template.
Using Template Variables
Template variables are fields that are dynamically substituted with the appropriate text each time a template is used to compose an email. The Template Variables can be used on the Subject Line as well as the Message Body as shown below.
For example, if you want the Invoice Number to automatically appear in the Subject Line of an email when using the Invoice Email Template, then enter the Template Variable, [number] in the subject line as shown above. When this Email Template is selected the template variables will be automatically populated with the relevant information.
The following variables can be used in the email subject line and or message body.
[sender] – the sender’s name
[companyname] – your company name
[customername] – the customer name
[contactname] - the contact name
[sitename] - the site name
[reference] - the document reference
[date] – the invoice date
[month] – the invoice month
[year] – the invoice year
[duedate] – the invoice due date
[expirydate] – the quote expiry date
[number] – the job, invoice or quote number
[jobaddress] – the job address
The examples provided below indicate how the template variable is dynamically substituted with the appropriate text from an Invoice. The examples are based on an invoice IV1144 generated on 30th of September 2013 due on 20th of October 2013
- Computer Support for [month] [year] = Computer Support for September 2013
- Quarterly Service [month-2] – [month] = Quarterly Service July – September
- Invoice [number] due [duedate] = Invoice IV1144 due 20 October 2013
Notice how in the second example you can calculate a value using basic add and subtract to render the desired value: [month -2] = current month - 2 months. In the example above September is current month, therefore the value returned is July.