This article provides an overview of the Quoting & Estimating options available in Tradify. For more information on Entering Quotes, click here.
Tradify offers some great quoting features to make your quoting and estimating process easier and faster.
Quotes can be used to drive the whole Job process. From the Quote you can:
- Create a Job
- Invoice the customer
- Raise Purchase Orders
- Enter material costs on a job
You can either enter a quote first and then create the job from the Quote. Alternatively you can create the job first, and then create the quote for that job. You can choose the option that works best for you. Even if you have created the Job and the Quote separately you can elect to attach the Quote to any Job at any stage you need.
Quotes can be used to record all the anticipated costs for your Job, while summarising the information for the Customer. The costs can either be grouped into Quote Sections or summarised using Kits.
The following is an example of costs grouped under Quote Sections:
Notice how each section has its own subtotal. The sections can be printed with and without details, using the display options in Document Themes. NOTE: See the section towards the end of this article entitled, Set Up Recommendations for Quotes & Estimates, for more information on how to set up Document Themes in this way.
The following is how the Quote looks with all the detail:
The following is an example of the same quote where the section details are suppressed using a specifically configured Document Theme called Summary. The image shows how the Theme is selected:
This is how the Quote looks when printed out, using the Summary Document Theme:
Notice how only the Sections headings are listed with their corresponding total.
Sections can be moved around and printed in any order required. Line details can also be moved from one section to another with ease. To do this simply select the Section Header or Line Item using your mouse (left click and hold down the mouse button) and drag it to the position you want it to be or the Section you want the Line Item to appear. Download and watch the short video, at the end of this article, that demonstrates how this is done.
Kits, also known as assemblies or bill of materials, are essentially a collection of items, labour and miscellaneous costs that, when combined, make up another item that is sold as an assembled or manufactured item.
Kits allow for one item to be selected and entered on a Quote, which then automatically includes all the components that make up that item, instead of having to enter all the individual components being sold as shown below.
Kits automatically summarise the components, only displaying a single line on the quote sent to the customer.
The components can be copied to the Materials tab of the job.
For help with setting up Kits, click here.
Set Up Recommendations for Quotes & Estimates
STEP 1 - Edit the default Document Theme and add your Terms of Trade to the Terms Text Box.
- Click on Settings > Invoice Quote & Purchase Settings > Document Themes > Standard
- Click on Quote tab, enter your Terms of Trade or whatever you would like to appear on the Quote footer, as illustrated below
- Click "OK" to confirm the changes
STEP 2 - Create another Document Theme under Settings > Invoice Quote & Purchase Settings > Document Themes to summarise the Quote Sections as mentioned above.
- Click on "New Document Theme"
- Enter a Theme Name - i.e. Summary
- Enter the company's contact details that you want to appear on the Document Header
- Click on "Choose Logo" and point Tradify to a Logo file (either .jpg or .png file type, no bigger than 680 pixels wide x 120 pixels high)
- Select the Logo Alignment position from the drop down list, (left, center or right)
- Click on the "Quotes" tab
- Enter the Document titles as required. NOTE: If you set the Draft Quote Title as ESTIMATE, this will allow you to produce an Estimate instead of a Quote by leaving the Quote in Draft mode
- Enter your Terms as required in the Terms text box
- Place a tick in each of the document display options as required, except leave the option, "Show Section Line Items" unticked. NOTE: This will suppress the cost line details entered under sections so that the Quote only displays the Section Headings with their respective totals.
- Click "OK" to confirm the entries and selections. NOTE: It is also advisable to set the options on the other Document Tabs (Invoices & Purchase Orders), even if these are set the same as the Standard Document Theme, as this will allow you to use this Document Theme for those Documents as well.
- Click "Save" to complete the process and to save the new document theme.
For information on how to set up and work with Document Themes, click here.
Setting Up Quote Templates
STEP 3 - We recommend creating a fictitious Customer called "Templates". You can then create numerous Quotes under this Customer that include standard costs lines and sections that relate to the type of work to be done. Use the Quote Reference field to categorise the Quote so this can be identified at a glance.
This will then allow you to list all your Quote Templates, by searching for the Customer, "Templates", under the main Quotes menu, as illustrated below.
Then all you have to do is select the Quote you wish to use and open it.
1 & 2 - Click on "Options" and select the option, "Copy Quote"
3 - When prompted to update pricing, click "No"
4 - Change the Customer as required
5 - Change the cost lines as needed. You can add and delete lines, and alter anything that is on this quote. When you have finished making the necessary changes, Click "Save Draft" or "Approve" to create the Quote for the Customer.