This is where you add Staff Members & Users to your Tradify Account.
Adding a Staff Member
NOTE: If you have upgraded to a Paid Subscription, you need to edit the User Numbers under Settings > Subscription & Billing details first, before you can add a Staff Member/User. See the end of this article for more information regarding this. You can add as many Users as you wish while trialling the system.
1. On the web platform click on Settings > Staff Members.
2. Click on "New Staff Member".
- Enter the Staff Members details:
Name - Full Name of the Staff Member. (This can be changed at a later date if needed) (This field is mandatory)
User Name - Enter a username to identify the staff member. NOTE: The User Name is used to log into Tradify and therefore must be unique in Tradify's entire customer database. You can use an email address as a User Name. If you get an error saying that the User Name already exists then add additional characters or alter the User Name in some way to make it unique. (This field is mandatory)
Highlight Colour - Select a colour to identify the user on the schedule (This is mandatory)
Phone - Enter a phone number for the user
Mobile - Enter a mobile number for the user
Email Address - Enter an email address either for the User or a central email address to which the login credentials will be sent. The email address is also used when resetting a password and becomes the reply to address when a customer replies to an email sent by the User. NOTE: Please ensure the email address is entered 100% correctly otherwise the email with the login credentials will not be received. (This field is mandatory)
- Financial Information:
Default Billing Rate - Select the billing rate to generally apply to timesheet entries for the Staff Member. For more information on Setting up Billing Rates, click here.
Hourly Rate - Enter either the Staff Members hourly cost to the company ( can include benefits and average overtime factored in) or their hourly rate of pay. NOTE: This is the actual cost that is used to calculate the labour cost component for time spent on a Job by the Staff Member, so it is important to be accurate so as not to distort Job profitability. (This field is mandatory and cannot be zero)
- Job Notifications
Select where you want Job and Appointment notifications to be sent. The options are either push notifications to the Tradify Mobile App or Email notifications sent to the email address entered on the Staff Members record. You can select both options or none if required.
- Access Permissions Role
Select the level of access you wish the user to have. NOTE: The green ticks indicate what the User can access in Tradify. You can either select one our preset defaults or set your own access level under custom.
- No Access - The Staff Member is not granted access to Tradify on any device or computer. Jobs can be assigned and Appointments can be scheduled for Staff Members with No Access, however, they record their time and other costs externally on a piece of paper, which can then be entered later on their behalf by a Staff Member with the correct Access Permission Role.
- Basic - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Basic Users can only view the jobs they’ve been assigned to and enter their timesheets.
- Standard - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. They have the same access as the basic user, with the added access to invoices.
- Advanced - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Advanced Users cannot change appointments or assign Jobs to themselves or other Users.
- Office - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Office Users can change appointments and assign Jobs to themselves and other Users.
- Admin - These Users have complete access to all areas of Tradify and can perform all functions.
- Custom - This gives you the ability to customise the level of access the user has.
- Click "Save" to complete the process and create the User. After you click "Save" the staff member will be sent an email that contains their username and password.
NOTE: If you have upgraded to a Paid Subscription, you need to edit the User Numbers under Settings > Subscription & Billing details first, before you can add a Staff Member/User, as shown below:
For information on archiving a Staff Member that leaves, click here.