This is where you add Staff Members & Users to your Tradify Account.
How to add a new Staff Member:
Note: You can add as many Users as you wish while trialling the system.
Note: If you've upgraded to a Paid Subscription, you will need to edit your User Count first. To do so, head over to Settings > Subscription & Billing. For more details on this process, please see here.
On the web platform, click on Settings > Staff Members.
Click on New Staff Member.
The following fields will be displayed:
Note: The Name, Username, Email Address, & Hourly Rate are all mandatory fields.
- Name - Full Name of the Staff Member (This can be changed at a later date if needed).
- User Name - Enter a username to identify the staff member.
Note: The Username is used to log into Tradify and therefore must be unique in Tradify's entire customer database. You can use an email address as a Username, but bare in mind, it won't have any connection to the email address. It's just a username. If you get an error saying that the Username already exists, add additional characters or alter the Username in some way to make it unique. Please also note that the Username cannot be changed once the Staff Member has been created.
- Highlight Colour - Select a colour to identify the user on the schedule.
- Phone - Enter a phone number for the user.
- Mobile - Enter a mobile number for the user.
- Email Address - Enter an email address either for the User or a central email address to which the login credentials will be sent. The email address is also used when resetting a password and becomes the "reply-to" address when a customer replies to an email sent by the user.
Note: Please ensure the email address is entered 100% correctly, otherwise, the email with the login credentials will not be received.
- Default Billing Rate - This Billing Rate will be used for the staff members timesheet entries, (unless changed on the individual timesheet entry). For more information on Setting up Billing Rates, click here.
- Hourly Rate - Enter either the Staff Members hourly cost to the company (can include benefits and average overtime factored in) or their hourly rate of pay.
Note: This is the actual cost that is used to calculate the labour component for time spent on a Job by the Staff Member. It's important set this to an accurate figure so as not to distort Job profitability.
Note: If you've enabled "Generate invoices using job appointments instead of timesheets", Tradify will use this hourly rate to calculate the cost and charge out rate for the invoice.
Select where you want Job and Appointment notifications to be sent. The options are either push notifications to the Tradify Mobile App or Email notifications sent to the email address entered on the Staff Members record. You can select both options or none if required.
Access Permissions Roles:
Select the level of access you wish the user to have.
Note: The green ticks indicate what the user can access in Tradify. You can either select one of our preset defaults or you can set your own access levels under Custom.
- No Access - The Staff Member is not granted access to Tradify on any device or computer. Jobs can be assigned and Appointments can be scheduled for Staff Members with No Access, however, they record their time and other costs externally on a piece of paper, which can then be entered later on their behalf by a Staff Member with the correct Access Permission Role.
- Basic - These users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Basic Users can only view the jobs they’ve been assigned to and enter their timesheets.
- Standard - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. They have the same access as the basic user, with the added access to invoices.
- Advanced - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Advanced Users cannot change appointments or assign Jobs to themselves or other Users.
- Office - These Users can access Tradify as indicated by the green ticks. Office Users can change appointments and assign Jobs to themselves and other Users.
- Admin - These Users have complete access to all areas of Tradify and can perform all functions.
- Custom - This gives you the ability to customise the level of access the user has.
Once you've added all the require details, click the Save to complete the process and create the User. After you click "Save", the staff member will be sent an email that contains their username and password.
How to change your Subscription User Count:
Click on Settings > Subscription and Billing
Under Staff Members with Login Access, input the number of active Staff Members required.
Under Staff Members with No Access, input the number of No Access users required.
Click Save to finalise.
Note: Tradify bills on a pro-rata basis. This means, you'll only be charged for the time used within the billing month (based on your subscription user count).
For information on archiving a Staff Member that leaves, click here.